Community and Giving
MAC’s goal is to inspire members to push themselves to their personal best. Sometimes we’re inspired to leverage health and wellness to help others in the community with their needs.
Philanthropy is woven tightly into the MAC corporate culture. We donate time, energy and financial resources to a variety of charitable, social and health-related causes .
At MAC we are passionate advocates for the charitable partners and programs we elect to work with. We seek fresh and innovative ways to help lift the community, empower the human spirit, and ensure that health and wellness are available to one and all.
We use innovative approaches to get people to get started with exercise and give back to the community. Our recent 25 day trial for $25, with 100% of the donations going to the Ronald McDonald House yielded the organization a check for $10,000. Co-founder Liz Rhode shares that check with the directors.
MAC’s Ride of Hope is a spinathon that raises money for the Tyanna Foundation for breast cancer awareness.
MAC donates memberships and resources to scores of organizations including some of them listed below:
• The American Heart Association
• The Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for Prevention of Heart Disease
• Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure
• Coalition For a Healthy Maryland
• Tyanna Barre O’Brien Breast Cancer Foundation
• MS National Society
• House of Ruth
• Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation
• Living Classrooms Foundation
• Alzheimer’s Association- Maryland
• ALS society